Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Palm Sunday Weekend

Yeah, you can see I have some catching up to do!

The Saturday afternoon of that weekend I got to go to a Homeschool Open House put on by the local Catholic Homeschool group. There were a few speakers, a panel of parents, and lots of browsing through various curriculum brought by the members. The nice thing is that it was free to attend. I got a lot of useful information, met some nice people, and saw a few that I already knew. But best of all, I was by myself for almost 5 hours, so that was a nice little break!

Catherine will be ready for kindergarten in the fall, so I am planning to start with her then. Of course, I'll have to do something for the twins, too, because I know they will want to do "school" as well. And Joseph. I'll have to plan things to keep him busy.

Anyway, when I got home from the open house, Dan's mom and two of his brothers were there for an overnight visit. Then his other brother came with his family for dinner. However, I did not have to do much, as the guys did all the grilling/cooking. I just made dessert. And cleaned up. So I had it made on Saturday!

Here is a picture of all the little kids at their own table. Our carpet in the living room is light-colored so Dan wisely put down a drop cloth. Boy, was it messy! By the way, Catherine has a thing now about not wanting to look at the camera for a picture. And a picture of Dan's cute little nephew, Baby Aloysius.
Then there was the obligatory ride around the property: Of course, once the kids spotted me, they all had to stand up:

That night is when I prepared the Overnight Coffee Cake I mentioned a few posts ago. I doubled the recipe and left a note for Dan's mom asking her to put it in the oven in the morning. I had never been able to make this for breakfast before because I don't get up early enough before the kids. But, Dan's mom and brother get up early every day, so they were able to get it in the oven and then we awoke to the smell of baking coffee cake. Mmmm! It was good. There was only one little piece left.
On Palm Sunday, after Mass, we were invited to Dan's sister's for lunch (dinner, really). So I got off easy the whole weekend! The kids enjoyed seeing all of their cousins all weekend.
And that is the end of that story. Now I am only a week and a half behind!

No comments: