Friday, June 5, 2009

What I Want To Be

Today I took down a temporary white lacy window covering that I had up to block the sun at the kitchen window. I was going to throw it down the laundry chute when a whim took hold and I put it on my head and paraded down the hall past Catherine. Dum, dum, da dum. She was instantly on her feet, delighted, and followed me. I put it on her head and it fell way past her feet, but she is playing with it still. After she paraded around for a while, she came back to where I was putting clean sheets on a bed and she said,

"Mommy! It's just like Sr. Mary Elizabeth's (Dan's sister, a Passionist nun), except hers is black."

I said, "Do you want to be like Sr. Mary Elizabeth when you grow up?"

After a few seconds of thinking, Catherine said, "I want to be a ballerina when I get big!"

No comments: