Thursday, June 25, 2009

Small Successes - 23

1) I survived a road trip to St. Louis. It took us a little over 7 hours to get there and almost 8 hours to get back. We didn't get much sleep while we were there, but we had a great time visiting Dan's sister. No one got lost or hurt, and we only had one puking incident in the car.

2) I french braided Catherine's hair for the first time. I didn't do too bad, at least in this picture you can't see all the messed-up parts. :) The worst part was getting out all of the tangles beforehand.
3) I read hours and hours to the kids for the library summer reading program. We took our reading logs to the library this morning (tomorrow is the last day possible to turn them in, so just in time!) and they all got some prizes. Which were toys: squirt guns, sidewalk chalk, little plastic ships that are supposed to float, a bugcatcher kit. Cool stuff.

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Dawn said...

I learned from another mom at the JC Penny's portrait studio that the secrets to good French braiding are: wet hair and a little gel. When I French braid my girls' hair, I get it a little wet first, put a little gel in and the hair stays put much better. The braid tends to fall out, especially with fine baby hair, if you braid it dry. You don't have to maintain *as much* tension on the hair while you're braiding, either.

House of Brungardt said...

Great tips Dawnie! I don't think we even have any hair gel in the house. I'll have to get some. And I'll have to try it wet, too. That would probably help my clumsy fingers. Nothing like French braiding to make you feel like you have 2 left hands!
Janet