Monday, June 29, 2009

My Little Bug Man

A couple of days ago Dan and the kids were downstairs watching a movie and I was in the kitchen. After a little while Joseph came upstairs and found me and said, "Wook, Mommy, I found a bug!" He was carrying a piece from the tea set, which is what all the kids use to catch bugs in the basement. I said, "Is it dead?" "Nope." He showed it to me and there was a very much alive roly-poly running around in the bottom. I asked him if he wanted me to put it outside. "Nope." And he left.

About a half-hour later I started to go downstairs and there was Joseph sitting on the stairs, playing with something. He had several pieces from the tea set, including a spoon, which he was using to transfer something from teacup to sugar bowl. I looked in and there was the poor roly-poly rolled into the tightest little ball you could imagine. Joseph had been "playing" with it that whole time. I went down and told Dan what our little guy was doing and we laughed. 5 minutes later Joseph came over and I said, "Where's the roly-poly?" "Don't know." It was nowhere to be found, probably got lost in some crack. I asked Joseph if he ate it, because you never know with a 2 year old. "Nope."

No comments: