Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Do You Know What Crazy Is?

Crazy is when you take 4 children, aged 5 and under, clothes shopping with you. And you are pregnant. And you shop the clearance racks for toddlers, little boys, little girls, big girls, and maternity. And you have to find a person who works there (who suddenly seem nonexistent) to get something off a rack way up high out of reach. And you try on some maternity shirts with all 4 kids in the dressing room with you. Two were sprawled on the floor. One was mad because there wasn't anything for her to try on. "Mommy, I'm hungry." "Mommy, I need to go potty." "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"

Even more crazy is when you prolong the punishment by going to the bookstore because it is the last day of Educator Week, and you finally made your ID card off the homeschool group template, and you really want to use that 30% discount. A big Yay to Borders for including homeschoolers in Educator Week! I really like the Kumon workbooks to have fun extra things for the kids to do. And I found a few Birthday/Christmas gifts.

We all survived, however, and it was a very productive morning. When had I switched out clothes over the weekend, I discovered that Catherine only had a couple long-sleeved shirts that still fit. Oops. I usually try to buy the kids' clothes ahead, but I must have missed those. And I did find some maternity shirts as well. It is crazy how low-cut a lot of them are. Obviously not made for a mom with little kids who has to bend over and tie shoes, etc. My pet peeves with maternity clothes could be a whole post in itself!

And I only got one comment the whole time I was shopping: "Do you have two sets of twins?"

4 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

You are my hero! I avoid all errands with the kids, and I only have three. And I'm not pregnant! I've even been known to send Kansas Dad to the store in search of something specific (like a pair of dress pants in size 6 for First Son). He does a great job and is much faster than I'd be. (I think he probably also spends less because he's not checking out all the sales racks on the way in and out!)

And I know just how you feel about those maternity clothes!

Colleen said...

All I can say is: just wait until your eldest is old enough to babysit. Hang on to that thought. Shopping becomes 10000% easier, when that day arrives!!!!!

House of Brungardt said...

Oh, I will be dreaming of having a child old enough to babysit!

And Kansas Mom, I think my husband's blood pressure would become elevated if he were to do something like that. He does NOT like to shop, unless it is at Lowe's. :)

Kansas Mom said...

I'm not sure what this says about us...but I think on many occasions, Kansas Dad would prefer to run to the store for something than to watch the kids while I do it.

Of course, he's also already in town most of the time and I am not, so it's a lot faster for him to run errands for us.