Saturday, March 5, 2011

Scrumptious Cobbler

It has been a while since I made a cobbler, but a few weeks ago, I made an apricot cobbler, as pictured above.  You can see we ate some before I took a picture.  :)  I got this recipe from my mom, I don't know where she got it, but it is super easy and good!

 
Cobbler

3 Tbls. butter   (4.5 Tbls.)
1 cup flour     (1.5 cup)
1 cup sugar     (1.5 cup)
2 tsp. baking powder  (3 tsp.)
1/4 tsp. salt    (3/8 tsp.)
3/4 cup milk    (1 and 1/8 cup)

The measurements in black are for a square pan, those in orange are for a 9 x 13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put butter in pan and place in oven until melted.  Meanwhile sift dry ingredients (I never sift them, I just mix.) in bowl and gradually add milk.  Pour batter evenly in pan over melted butter. Put fruit over batter (apricots, cherries, apples, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, strawberries, etc.).  Bake for one hour or until done.  Enjoy!

No comments: