Friday, August 21, 2009

Squash Cookies (or Pumpkin)

Dan's mom sent me this recipe one time, so since I have a few squash stashed here and there, I made some the other day. With 4 little helpers. Luckily I didn't forget anything. :) And, they were really good! I think I had made them before with pumpkin, but I like them even better with squash. I'm sure zucchini would work just the same.

Squash (or Pumpkin) Cookies

2 cups brown sugar, packed

2 cups squash or pumpkin

1 cup vegetable oil

2 tsp vanilla

4 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp ginger

2 cups raisins

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Beat together sugar, squash, oil, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix. Blend in raisins and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Yield: 7 dozen.

No comments: