Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Baptism Day, Dominic and Anne!

Here are Anne and Dominic the morning of their baptism, at 12 days old. Dominic had a big blow-out not long after this picture, and even trashed his little socks, the only clean white pair I had that would actually stay on his feet. Which is why you'll see his tiny little bare feet sticking out in the pictures to follow. He was 5# 11oz at birth (Anne was 6# 8oz), so I didn't have many clothes that fit him. I don't know why. Was I thinking he was going to be huge? Of course, it's not like I had time to do any shopping after they were born. :)

My brother, Fr. Brian, did the baptism, which was really nice. Here he is anointing Anne's head with the chrism oil.


Here is our family at the time. Catherine was just 20 months old, so we had 3 under 2 years old. Whew! That was a crazy time! Don't Dominic's feet just look tiny in this picture? And don't you just love long baptismal gowns that cover up the big Momma pooch?


Dominic is wearing the Brungardt baptism gown, which any boy that we have will wear.


Anne is wearing the gown that my mom made when Catherine was born. It will now be for any girls.
What a wonderful day that was! We thank God for Dominic and Anne, two of our precious blessings!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

"Momma pooch," indeed. My first thought, when seeing the photo, "Wow! That woman gave birth to twins?!" You look pretty good, to me.

But, I've gotta say that my least favorite photos of myself are those taken within the first 6 months after baby's birth!

House of Brungardt said...

Hey, thanks! I fooled you, heh, heh. I'm just glad that when people look at the baptism pictures, they see the cute babies and not me!