Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just In Time

Thank you to the young Girl Scout who brought us our cookies in time for consumption on Fat Tuesday. Oh yeah! It seems like I usually get them after Lent starts and then they sit in the freezer until after Easter. And you know the temptation every time the freezer door is opened!

And that reminds me of a funny story. On Sunday late afternoon, Dan and the kids were outside and I was busy in the kitchen. I heard:

Ding Dong!

I immediately dismissed it as one of the kids and didn't think any more about it. About 30 seconds later, I heard:

Ding Dong!

Then it clicked and I realized, if that was one of the kids, I would have heard:

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

So I rushed to the door and there was the Girl Scout and her mom, waiting to give me our cookies. Oops.

No comments: