Thursday, September 10, 2009

Small Successes - 34

1) Yesterday afternoon while the 3 younger ones were napping, Catherine and I went out to the garden to pick the tomatoes. After receiving 5 inches of rain the day before, the garden was very muddy. So we wore some plastic boots and tackled the job. In some places I was sinking down a few inches.

I could not believe how many tomatoes there were! Here is a picture of the haul. Aren't they beautiful? The smaller buckets are 2 gallon size and the big one is probably a 5 gallon bucket. Those little cherry tomatoes are so sweet it's like eating candy to pop a few in your mouth. Yum! I foresee some tomatoes going into the freezer soon.

2) Last week, we started our homeschool! I wrote about our first day here. In that post I talked about how Dan set up a painting table in our garage, which the kids just love. Well, one day last week, we had left the garage doors open and when we were done with school, the kids went out to paint and this is what they found. That crazy Kansas wind blew everything off the table, including the dropcloth which was hanging to the floor. But no one complained and we all worked together to set it back up.

3) We did a craft! I'm not a naturally crafty person, so this was an accomplishment. Of course it helped that our curriculum had the patterns and directions, so I didn't have to think it up myself. But I did do a lot of tracing and cutting! I knew I'd need one for each kid, and the little ones can't cut that well yet.


We have our shamrock representing the Trinity, the sun representing creation for God the Father, the cross for God the Son, and the dove for God the Holy Spirit. I felt crafty using different colors of construction paper. :)

4 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Hooray for easy crafts! I love it when everything is all planned out already.

I do most of our crafts with First Son while First Daughter is napping. She's always thrilled to see what he's made and never asks to make one herself.

Kansas Mom said...

Oh, and those are beautiful tomatoes! We've been making pasta sauce and freezing it. Kansas Dad also took some to the office - building up social capital!

ViolinMama said...

WOW! They are gorgeous!!!! Love your bounty AND all your homeschooling crafts. I think, even if you follow a pattern, you are still crafty if you make them yourself!! :) Thanks for posting a GREAT post!!

Much love!

House of Brungardt said...

Thank you ladies! There might be several crafts happening this week!