Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Big 4-0!

We celebrated Dan's birthday this week and it was a fun-filled day. Dan had the day off and we started by sleeping in (til 7:30!). Then it was donuts for breakfast(which I got at the grocery store the night before-Krispy Kremes even)!

After a lazy, fun morning, ... well, we did do some school, I guess that's fun, but not lazy! Anyway, after lunch, we had cupcakes(which I got at the store the night before) and boy, did the kids love those, as you can see:


Everyone got a candle in their cupcake and we all sang Happy Birthday to Daddy. You would think I would have gotten a picture of that, but I didn't. So you'll have to do with looking at some messy kids:

Also that morning I made some Creme Brulee, with the stirring help of the boys. It was intended to be for dessert after dinner, as that is Dan's favorite dessert. However, we went out for dinner and everyone was too full when we got back home. So we had them after dinner the next night. In this shot, right before dinner, I had just sprinkled sugar on the top and torched them with that handy-dandy little butane torch you can see there.
I told Dan I was going to post this picture on the blog before I even took the picture and obviously he didn't care. It is pretty sad that this is the only picture I took of him on his birthday. And the sadder part is that it was actually the next day. Oops.


Catherine is ready to dig in. Joseph, however, did not waste any time for some silly picture.


And the other side of the table, with Dominic showing off his creme brulee while Anne looks on.

Happy Birthday, Daddy Dan!


No comments: