Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tasty Stuff!

I have to say, this is one of the best dinners I have ever made. It was so yummy that there was hardly any left. And of course I forgot to take a picture beforehand, so this is all that was left:

I got the recipe out of a magazine, I think it was Woman's Day, not sure which issue, since I had ripped the page out. I have learned that if there is something in a magazine I want to save, I have to rip it out right away, otherwise I will never go back and do it!

Anyway, if your family likes Asian food, this recipe is a must!




Szechuan Noodles With Pork (serves 4)



12 oz linguine (I used 16 oz fettuccine)

1 cup chicken broth or water

2 Tbsp lite soy sauce (I used regular)

12 oz ground pork (I used cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast)

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I sprinkled a little cayenne pepper)

6 scallions, cut in 1-2 inch pieces (I chopped up green onions into little round pieces)

1 large carrot, shredded

1 Tbsp each minced garlic and ginger

3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter

Garnish: chopped cilantro



Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, stir broth and soy sauce together and set aside. Heat skillet to med-high heat. Add pork (if using chicken, you'll need a little olive oil) and saute until done. Add scallions, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes and cook 3 minutes. Stir broth mixture and peanut butter into the skillet and cook until peanut butter is melted and blended. Reserving 1 cup pasta water (or the other half of your can of broth!), drain the pasta and add to skillet. Toss to coat with sauce. Stir in water/broth as needed to keep mixture creamy. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

That sounds awesome. I'll have to try it. I have cilatro to use up and scallions in the garden.
Thanks!