Thursday, May 14, 2009

Small Successes - 17

1) I bravely (or foolishly) took all the kids to the dentist by myself so Dominic and Catherine could get their teeth cleaned and examined. Not only that but we went at 8:00 in the morning, after an early morning severe thunderstorm/electricity out/kids scared/tornado scare. Read about that here! Oh, and by the way, I was rewarded by all the kids behaving perfectly at the dentist. Even 3 yr old Dominic, who had never been to the dentist before, went back by himself with the dental hygienist and never fussed or cried or got scared one bit. Wow!


2) I got the little vacuum attachment out and vacuumed in the all the edges in the carpet, you know where it sits against the walls and the furniture. Okay, so I only got that done in the master bedroom, but it is clean!


3) For the last, well, probably since we've been married and had a joint email account, our inbox routinely has about 200-400 messages in it. Needless to say, many an email has gotten lost in all of that. Every once in a while, I'd go through and clean out a hundred or so, but I could never get it down very far. Well, the other day, Dan went through it and got it down to about 100 messages. So being inspired, I finished the work and for the first time I could see all the messages in one screen! This one was definitely a joint success. Now if I can only keep the inbox cleaned out!



Go to Faith and Family Live to read more Small Successes!

4 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

I don't know what feels better - a clean floor or a clean inbox.

Congrats on your successes.

Blessings,
Kate

ViolinMama said...

HAHA!! Kate said it best!!!!

House of Brungardt said...

Maybe I'd better go clean the floor now, then I can have both!

Janet

Anonymous said...

I vote clean inbox actually :) There's something so satisfying about keeping all those emails on one screen lol.