Thursday, February 28, 2008

Trip to the Zoo!










Usually when I go to the zoo, I'll team up with a friend or two and their kids, which makes for a lot of fun. Yesterday, however, I ended up going by myself with all 4 kids. The kids all did really well and even Joseph stayed awake the whole time (3 hours). He really seemed to enjoy it. In fact, I really enjoyed it. It was fun to go there with my children and focus just on them rather than chatting with my friends. We could take our time, go where we wanted, and I just had such a good time watching the kids react to everything they saw.


Our adventures included:

1) Watching the "eddiphant" pick things up with his trunk;

2) Anne getting excited looking at the monkeys playing (some resemblance there?);

3) Catherine learning how to slide down the pole on the playground all by herself;

4) Trying to figure out how the giraffes sat down;

5) Dominic being fascinated by the snake slowly slithering along a branch (yucky!);

6) Catherine telling me, "I want to be a gorilla when I grow up!";

7) Looking down and seeing Joseph's little bare foot sticking out of the sling and Catherine finding his sock on the ground;

8) Anne and Catherine pointing and hollering at the goose on the path (right in front of the zooworker), "Pssshh! I put fire on you!"

9) The kids getting scared by the sheep crowding around them at the petting zoo;

and finally

10) Dominic almost falling off the bridge (between 2 slats) into the fish pond while we were feeding the fish (Mommy barely caught him by the seat of the pants and almost had a heart attack in the process!).


Note: I just figured out how to put these pictures on and my slow-witted computer self can't to seem to move them around to where I want them and I don't have any more time to mess with it, so there you have it.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Those "milking cow" things are the best! Fingers crossed, we'll soon see some zoo-friendly weather!

House of Brungardt said...

Our day at the zoo was about 50 degrees, but sunny and calm, so it was great. It helped that it was a "Winter Wednesday," which meant $4 for all of us to get in!