Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One Weird Child

Dominic loves to drink all the strangest things that you would never guess a 2 year old to like. First is coffee, which is something that I myself have just started to drink more regularly (mostly due to lack of sleep). He even loves it from Daddy's go-to-work cup at the end of the day and it doesn't matter if it is black. (I can't even drink black coffee yet!)

He would drink beer and wine if we let him. He likes Listerine.

The strangest of all, though, has to be soy sauce. Now, you might ask, how would a little boy have the opportunity to drink soy sauce? Well, one day, we had sticky rice with our meal and as a special treat I put a small amount of soy sauce in little bowls for the kids to dip their rice in. They loved that, of course. Next thing that happened is Dominic picked up the little bowl and drank the soy sauce straight. I waited to see his reaction and he put down the bowl and asked for more!

At least he doesn't drink the toilet water. I guess there are some limits.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

LOL!!!!!

Soy sauce straight---bleh! I can't believe he actually LIKED it!