Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Mastermind

In our house Catherine is the little mastermind who gets the twins to do things for her, at least most of the time. She makes up the games and the Let's Pretend This, and yes, sometimes the activities gets everyone into trouble.

Well, Catherine and Anne share a room, Catherine on the top bunk and Anne on the bottom. When they wake up from their afternoon naps, I am often in the basement at the computer. I will hear little feet coming down the stairs and then Anne's head pops around the corner. When I say hi, then Catherine comes running down the stairs because she knows it is safe.

One day I was lying down on the couch with a book and I heard the girls' door open. I pretended to be asleep and soon I heard the door close. A few seconds later, it opened again and then I heard Anne say, "Mommy not downtairs. Mommy on towch." That little Catherine just sends Anne out every day to scout the terrain and report back!

No comments: