Thursday, August 18, 2011

Culinary Adventures In Watermelon

Here are some of the watermelon we have picked from our garden this summer.

So one day I went looking for watermelon recipes and I found Watermelon Pie!

It was very easy to make, required no baking, and everyone liked it.  A perfect summer dessert.  Find the recipe here.

Then the other night for dinner, I got even more adventurous:  Minced Pork and Watermelon Lettuce Wraps.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but they were pretty tasty.  The kids all ate them, even Anthony!  Find the recipe here.


Funny story:  As I was making the above dinner, the kids were sitting at the kitchen table doing some art, and I told them the ingredients as I added them in.  I got to Hoisin Sauce and the kids all yelled:  "Poison Sauce!?!"  Heh, heh, heh.  Watch out if you come to dinner at our house.  :)

No comments: