Monday, May 16, 2011

14 Months Old And A First Haircut

Anthony is 14 months old  now and as you can see he loves to pester the cat.



Usually the cat doesn't seem to care.  Occasionally if Anthony gets too rough, the cat will run away, but it never scratches or bites him.

Anthony is always curious.  What is he doing here?

He is drinking some water from a leak in the hose.

Funny tee shirt #1:  My Dad is the man!

Funny tee shirt #2 (my mother's day present from Anthony): Mommy says I'm in charge.

Yes, I now have another "helper" in the kitchen.  Does this picture frighten you? (You should have seen the floor when we were finished!)  And yes, he climbs up on chairs, as well as the kitchen table.  He has also figured out that he can scoot a chair over to get things that are out of his reach.  Yikes!  I am running out of places high enough to keep things away from him.


On Saturday, Anthony got his first haircut.

I was getting tired of the crustiness in his hair after every meal, so I got out the razor and off it went!  For the record, he did not cry getting his haircut.

Afterwards, I thought, ack what did I do?  I like it, though.  Daddy was very pleased with it as well. 

Funny thing, though, all the red was cut out of his hair, so now he really looks blond.


Going for a ride in the trusty green wagon.

And time to pester the cat again. 

Anthony sures keeps us busy these days.  I have to be very vigilant with him around.  Not long ago he came through the living room opening and shutting a pair of scissors, about gave me a heart attack.  He loves to get a hold of markers, pencils, and crayons and it is difficult keeping those away from him during school time.  One time the master remote went missing and I finally found it in the trash can. 

He has 10 teeth now, including the bottom first year molars (which gave us a very rough few weeks).  On the hooray side of things is that he will now go to sleep in his crib, both for naps and at night.  Is he sleeping all night?  Not yet, but we are working on it. 

He says Mama and Dada, and a lot of other things, which we sometimes can understand and sometimes not.  Other people would probably have no idea.  At the dinner table, if one of us asks, "Who wants some more rice (or whatever)? " Anthony always raises his hand and says, "Aaahh du!"  Then he grins.

Anthony is our funny, loving, sometimes screaming, nonstop action boy.

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

I like the new hair cut!