Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Twin Birthday Fest

Dominic and Anne had two days of solid birthday fun. On Sunday, after Mass, we came back home and had the first birthday party. Here is Anne's My Little Pony cake. I borrowed the heart-shaped cake pans from the library and I am showing you the best side so it doesn't look too crooked. :)


Anne loved her cake: pony, pink, and purple!

Dominic picked out a circus cake from one of my cake decorating booklets and I greatly simplified it. Any cake with candy on it is sure to be a hit with little kids!


Dominic agrees:



Grandma and Grandpa were there for the day, so that only added to the fun. And the presents. :) Blow out those candles, twins!



Monday was actually Anne and Dominic's birthday, and we got to have a morning visit at our friends' house(actually a planning meeting for the mommies for the children's choir, but the kids got to play so they loved it). Then on the way home, I told them we'd stop and get some hamburgers and they begged to go to "the one with the slides." Normally I would have just gotten the food to go, but since it was a birthday day, they got to go in and play. Hooray!



Anne could hardly wait until Daddy got home, because she knew there would be another birthday party with more cake (2 cakes go a long way!) and more presents.



Dominic was thrilled to get another building set:

Happy Birthday, my five year olds! It will soon be time for kindergarten, wow!


4 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Great cakes! I think I'm going to hire you or Mrs. B. to provide all our cakes from now on! (I'm pretty good with the baking, but mediocre at best with the decorating.)

Happy birthday, Anne and Dominic!

House of Brungardt said...

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I would not get hired anywhere on account of my cake decorating skills. :) Luckily my kids don't notice all the imperfections.

Unknown said...

What library loans out cake pans?

House of Brungardt said...

Hi Gretchen, it's the Andover library and I must say I am very grateful to whoever had that great idea!