Friday, March 14, 2008

Spending Some Time in the Bathroom...

Potty Training!

Oh, yay, it is so much fun, I can hardly stand it. We have 2 potty chairs lined up and a stool to boot. Anne and Dominic have their "assigned" potty chairs. Catherine comes in and sits on the stool and helps entertain/encourage them. Great! Maybe I'll sneak out and let Catherine potty train the twins for me! Then Joseph comes in and tries to get into the cabinets, the trash, the big toilet, you name it.

Right now the rule is, if they at least sit and try, they get one M&M. That alone gets them on the seat. If they actually produce something, they get more M&Ms and a sticker. That gets Dominic trying hard every time to get something out. Anne so far has had no luck. Today I have been trying harder to go in more often and I even set the timer a couple times so I would remember. I haven't been brave enough yet to try the no diaper/pull-up way because we have a lot of carpet! I am thinking that tomorrow I'll set up a "potty station" in the living room and let them sit while watching Saturday morning cartoons. Hopefully that will get Anne at some point.

Last night I even got Thomas the Train and My Little Pony underwear at the store and today we had much excitement looking at it. Even Dan got in on the action when he came home for lunch. (You know a good Daddy when he will take time to look at toddler underwear and get "excited" about it!)

Anyone out there have any more ideas for me?

No comments: