Saturday, March 29, 2008

Conversations With Anne

Late this morning, it was down to just Mommy, Anne, and Joseph in the house. So, Anne and I decided to make cookies. She was so excited to stand on the stepstool and watch all by herself, and when I gave her the beater to lick, oh, heaven! She was quite a chatterbox and here is a small sampling:

Licking the beater: "Mommy, I'm getting all that tasty stuff."

"I see Jesus on the twoss." Where? She points and I see the crucifix/holy water font by the back door. "He's trying to get away from the bad guys." (Where did that come from?)

"I'm a big girl now." Are you going to go pee-pee in the potty like a big girl? (She's a little resistant to that.) "I go pee-pee in potty tomorrow."

A little later: "I'm going to make some pancakes." And she proceeds to mix and stir on the floor with Joseph.

Then, eating lunch while I'm finishing the cookies, "I like peandut buttah."

And finally, to reinforce the post below: "Mommy, I stand on one foot last night."

So, I got to experience life for a little while with only 2 small children and I have to say, it was much easier to make cookies, fix lunch, take care of Joseph, and getting them in bed for a nap was a cinch. Anne was so sweet and there was no fighting, crying, or temper tantrums. I had patience to spare and even Joseph getting fussy did not bother me. BUT, even though it was a nice break and an interesting revelation, I still would not change my life of chaos with 4 littles for the world!

1 comment:

Matthew S said...

""I'm a big girl now." Are you going to go pee-pee in the potty like a big girl? (She's a little resistant to that.) "I go pee-pee in potty tomorrow." "

We have a 5 year old, Anna, and she has a thumb that is mighty tasty and it is now getting to the point that Dear old dad is going to have to make it un-tasty because tommorow, when I am 4, when I am 4 and a half, when I am 5. . . has almost drug out to 6.

Matt