Monday, January 20, 2014

Early December



The annual take the nativity scene to the front yard ride.

At the right spot.

Biscuit came to check it out.

The kids were all invited to a birthday party at Pump It Up.  Needless to say, they were thrilled.
Anne and Catherine paused for a picture.

Heading up the big slide.

All the party kids.

With the very sweet birthday girl.

A picture of two of our Advent traditions, one old, one new.  We have had the magnetic Advent calendar for a long time.  Each day you open a door and add a piece to the nativity scene.  As you can see, one of the kids has put a shepherd up on top of the roof.  The two items in front were something new for 2013.  I've been wanting to have a manger to which the kids add a straw every time they do a good deed/make a sacrifice.  I mentioned this to the kids and the girls took the idea and ran with it, covering a shoe box in brown paper and cutting many lengths of yarn for hay.  And boy did I like it, even though it does not look fancy at all.  I had kids asking me many times, "What can I do for you, Mommy?"  I could use a box like this all year!


We celebrated St. Nicholas' feast day with little gifts and chocolate coins.
Chocolate coins, oh yeah!

Each child got a set of St. Therese sacrifice beads that they can clip onto their pants.

Anthony dug right into the chocolate, of course.

Coin eyes!

A picture of some of the potato pancakes I made, using up our Thanksgiving mashed potatoes:
Yummy!

No comments: