Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chicken Baked In Pesto Crust




I had some leftover homemade pesto sitting in the fridge, so I found a yummy recipe (which I modified) to use it.  This is a picture I took before I baked it.  Of course I forgot to take an after pic, but you get the idea. 


Chicken Baked In Pesto Crust*

1.5-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into somewhat even large pieces
2 eggs
6 tablespoons milk
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup pesto

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix eggs and milk in shallow bowl.  Line up pesto, egg mixture, and breadcrumbs. Brush pesto onto both sides of chicken, then dip into egg/milk mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs.  Place onto baking sheet which has been sprayed with Pam.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is baked through.  Serve with whatever you want. 

*Original recipe from "1000 Lowfat Recipes" by Terry Blonder Golson, one of my favorite cookbooks.

No comments: