Thursday, October 28, 2010

Homeschool Science and Art In One

In our 5th and 6th weeks of school, we studied the human body and at the end I had each child in turn lay on the easel paper and I traced around their bodies.  Then they got to color and decorate them. 


As you can see the boys did not color theirs very much, but they sure had fun with them, and were excited to hang them up from the mantel.  Dominic drew in his face up on the top of the head, which looked really funny.  Anne liked coloring her hair and fingernails.


Catherine spent several hours one afternoon and drew in some of the organs and blood vessels.  The long sheets are no longer hanging up, but I can't bring myself to throw them away yet.  I'll have to do it secretly anyway.


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow...is that squiggly thing intestines on Catherine's drawing?? Very impressive! I wonder what my kids would draw??

House of Brungardt said...

Yes, she asked me for a book so she could look at the pictures, and then she copied in the intestines. They were all fascinated with the intestines, or guts, as they liked to call them. I bet your girls would surprise you!