Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Mystery Beep

I'm taking a break from calling utility companies for our new place (oh what a joy, it seems like everyone has to mail me an application, it's a good thing I don't need the water turned on tomorrow!). Anyway, as I sat down at the computer I heard this mysterious beep. It's not very loud and it only happens about every 10-15 seconds, but it is driving me crazy. I can't figure out where it is coming from. Every time I go in one direction, it sounds like it is somewhere else. Ah, I've got it, it's a ventriloquist beep. So now, I must go, once again, to search for the source of the mystery beep. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Update: I found the source! Dan is getting ready to paint the basement and all the furniture is piled in the middle of the room. I knew the phone was unplugged and moved somewhere and I found it in a drawer in that very pile and yep, it is the phone making that beep. Now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me anymore!

No comments: