Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Finally Heard a New One

Everyone who has more than a couple kids, especially if they are all little, has heard the comments:

"Are they all yours?"

"Wow, you must have your hands full!"

"Better you than me!"

"Do you have twins?"

"Are they triplets?"

"Oh, you have a boy and a girl now, you must be done."

The other day, I came out of Walgreens with all four kids (4, 2, 2, and 13 mo) and was busily trying to get everyone into the car and buckled in their seats. As I was working away, I heard someone chuckle and say something. I looked up and a few parking spots away an elderly couple were next to their car and the man was looking at us and he repeated, "Is it in the water?" I looked at him blankly and he laughed and said, "There's something in the water. You don't need any more." I guess he thought he was being funny. I didn't know what to say at the time so we just left. Anybody heard that one before?

2 comments:

Eric Klingele said...

My wife, Sarah, and I have a boy and girl (almost 3 and almost 1). We have gotten, "oh, you have a boy and a girl now, you must be done." I respond by saying we would like at least 4. The expressions are priceless.

House of Brungardt said...

It is rare for me to go somewhere with the kids and not get a comment or two, or ten! Just you wait!