Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just Like Mommy

This past Saturday Dan went to the local video store to get a couple movies and what did he come back with?

Da-da-da-da! "Bella"

Hooray! I never got to see it when it came out because of time of year, breastfeeding, etc. It was such a beautiful movie, although I am still haunted by the scene where the little girl gets killed and her poor mother is extremely distraught. That is always one of my big fears as a mother, especially since we live on a busy street.

The movies were one day rentals so we watched both. What was the other one, did you say? Let's see, Dan picked them out and the first one was more of a chick flick. Not hard to guess the type of the other one: the latest Rambo movie. Talk about a total opposite! Suspenseful movies are hard for me to watch. Every so often I just had to get up(usually during the moments of biggest action/suspense!) and wander to the kitchen or our bedroom for a while. Then I could come back and continue watching and pester Dan with questions about what had happened. I do better with those kind of movies if I know what is going to happen. I know, sad, isn't it?

Which brings me to Catherine. She is just like Mommy in this respect. Almost any new movie is like that for her. She comes to find me and says, "Mommy, what's going to happen?" as she paces around the kitchen. Meanwhile the twins are sitting on the couch, calmly watching. After a while, Catherine can watch a little more, just like Mommy. Just for the record, though, I can handle those little kid "suspense" movies, like "Care Bears."

No comments: