Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas goodies

Today I started making Christmas goodies. I made gingersnaps, which are one of Dan's favorites. The first year I made them I looked through all of our cookbooks to find a recipe (At that time I never looked up recipes on the internet because I never thought about it and the computer was too slow anyway!). Finally I found the recipe in the Victoria, KS church cookbook (that is the Cathedral of the Plains for anyone who has driven across Kansas on I-70). Then I looked at who contributed the recipe and wouldn't you know, it was Dan's Mom. So now I make them every year at Christmas. And they are very good!

Then I made some Fudge, great for a homemade gift! And finally, I made something new: Cream cheese mints. I even colored them green. Yummy!

So I had lots of little "helpers" this morning. The resounding theme was: "I want to taste!" "I want to taste!" Don't worry though, nobody got to taste out of the bowl! And hey, I can't think of a better way to spend a morning stuck inside during an icestorm. As long as we don't lose the electricity.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hey Janet, will you email me your gingersnap recipe? I love ginersnaps, too and the last time I made them they didn't turn out so well. The dough was really dry and crumbly--hard to form into balls.

We made sugar cookies today. The kids wanted to eat the dough that was left over EVERY TIME they cut out cookies instead of rolling it back out again. LOL I did manage to actually bake 21 cookies. :) Tomorrow, we decorate them with about 30 other kids and lots of FROSTING! YUM!

My email address is CatholicZoo@sbcglobal.net. Have a Blessed Advent!!