Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You Know You Live in the Country, #3

You know you live in the country when you lose track of how many ticks you have pulled off your children, and you get pretty darn good at getting those suckers out with one yank of your tweezers!

Although I have to say, the tick that somehow got onto Anne's eyelid, right on top of her eyelashes, was particularly challenging (and extra gruesome, as well!).

It required two yanks.

And the loss of a couple eyelashes.

With a bit of crying as a result.

Ick! I won't soon forget that one!

2 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Poor Anne!

We had a significant decrease in ticks when we started spraying the kids with Off every day. I hate using that stuff (because it's probably going to give them cancer someday), but those ticks are nasty and disgusting. (We just spray from the waist down and the ticks don't climb up. The chiggers still do, though, so when those are bad we try to spray more liberally.)

House of Brungardt said...

We use Off as well, but I'm sure I don't get it on them every single time they go out. I have one of the fan-blower kind I put on the stroller when I take Anthony out. It works when the stroller sits in place for a bit.