Friday, August 1, 2008

Twin Time

Today is the day we are closing on our house, so I planned this post a while back. I am doing a 2 or 3 day spread of the twins as tomorrow is their third birthday!

I will never forget the first time I saw the twins. At the time I worked part-time at a crisis pregnancy center, providing sonograms. I had the portable sono machine at home one weekend and on Monday, before I went in, I just couldn't hold out any longer. I put the probe on my stomach and was shocked when I saw two little babies. I almost couldn't believe my eyes and I remember I just started grinning and laughing. Then I had to call Dan and confess that I did a sono without him. And then I told him there were two babies and he didn't believe me at first. So he had to come home and see for himself. What a double blessing!

This picture here is about a week later and if you click on the picture you can see it bigger.
Then later on I had one of those fancy 4-D sonos and it was so cool. Here is Dominic:
And here is Anne:
This is me at 36 and 1/2 weeks along, about one week before the twins were born. Boy, was I huge!
Here they are! This is about 2 hours after they were born. I remember thinking that I didn't know who to look at first. And I just marveled at them. Dominic is on the left, Anne on the right.

No comments: