Monday, February 4, 2008

The Snow is Gone

We got 5 inches of snow last Thursday, so Friday I decided to make the effort to get the kids outside to play in it. So after their naps, I got out the gear and made a huge pile in the living room. 4 kids means: 4 snowsuits, 4 winter coats, 4 pr mittens, 4 hats, 3 pair boots and 1 pr booties. Oh, and my winter attire as well. Luckily it was all there. I think it took me about 20-30 minutes to get everyone dressed and ready to go. Whew!

It was worth it! They had so much fun playing in the snow, even baby Joseph. We tried to make a snowman, but Mommy discovered her talents do not lie in that direction. I think every inch of snow in the backyard had a footprint in it by the time they were done.

Today however, the temperature is in the upper 60s, so it was so easy to get out! They were so happy to get out without being bundled to the max that they just ran around the yard screaming for the first 10 minutes. There was one small patch of snow left and they quickly found that and got busy throwing little clumps against the fence.

Mommy is hoping for a nice long nap today!

No comments: